Thursday, December 31, 2009

Craziness and Car Accidents

Apparently some people still come around to this site (much like I did with some other blogs), and for that I say thank you. Still not much to report in WoW cause of the holidays. I hope that changes in the new year (stuff like me actually making raids and such).

This post is mostly for me to just write down something that's been on my mind lately, and not WoW related at all. It is also not a happy tale, so tread carefully.

Recently I was in a vehicle accident on my way to a business trip. I was driving, and there was one passenger. We hit a patch of ice and slid into a metal light pole going 45-50 mph. I suffered a broken left clavicle from the seat belt locking up and my passenger suffered two broken ankles.

I used to fear being pulled over by cops while driving friends, or anyone for that matter. The waiting in the car before the officer walks up would be awkward to me. I don't fear that as much anymore. It has lost it's significance in light of the idea of wrecking and causing either permanent disability or death of a passenger.

I feel bad enough in this instance where both of my passenger's ankles got broken (minor breaks from what I know, no cast on either). Part of this comes from the fact that he has lost his mobility, at least temporarily, while I walk away with a bit of a stiffness in my shoulder. If his injuries had been worse, including death, I honestly don't know what I would do. Especially because I would face it everyday since he is a coworker. Knowing that my actions (however out of control of the situation I had been) resulted in the death of another would wear me down.

But that didn't happen, so I deal with what did. This is my first broken bone, but apparently if you're going to break a bone, the clavicle is the one you want to break. I'm not in a cast or a sling or a brace (although this worries me somewhat that the bone isn't going to knit) and my instructions were, "No heavy lifting. If it hurts, stop doing it."

I do really mean to post things here, and I'm making it a New Year's Resolution to do so. I have a personal list of Shamany (Elemental) things to buy with Emblems of Frost, in the order *I* was going to buy them, but my status in the guild is shaky at the moment. Nothing bad, just that we needed healers instead of DPS but some new and old Resto Shamans have cropped up...we shall see what happens there.

Until I post again, have a Happy (and safe) New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment